The Noisy Pain Box: The Colours and Sounds of Kandinsky’s Abstract Art

The Noisy Pain Box: The Colours and Sounds of Kandinsky’s Abstract is written by Barb Rosenstock and is illustrated by Mary Grandpre. The book is about a boy named Vasya Kandinsky, who is one of the first painters of abstract art. Through Vasya’s life he tells the story about and the different sounds and colours of abstract art. I would rate this book a 3 out of 5 because it summarized what abstract art is. However there were some parts of the book where there were hard words to read which would affect younger kids reading the book. I had many connections from the book. One of the connections that I can make to the book is a Text to Self. Ive seen many abstract art paintings and that reminded me of the book. Another connection that I can make is a Text to text. Ive read many books about abstract art and this reminded me of the book. Another connection that I can make to the book is a Text world. Ive seen many abstract art paintings around the world. A final connection that I can make is a text to media. Ive seen many pictures of abstract art on the internet so that reminded me of the book.